Industrial Mindset of Education in Merdeka Belajar Kampus Merdeka (MBKM) Policy
Merdeka Belajar Kampus Merdeka (MBKM) program is one of the distinguished programs issued by the Ministry of Education and Culture. It is expected that the university students enhance soft and hard skills by joining one of eight suggested programs. Link and match was an initial policy in the 1990s while the MBKM program is improved. The study aims to uncover the industrial interest embedded in MBKM policy by reviewing the concepts and educational design in Indonesia. Library research towards the ideas was reviewed. Reputable journals and books were collected and overviewed while the critical concept of education was carried out as a tool of analysis. The theory of education addressed by Illich (2000), Walker (1981), and Nabhani (2001) was employed to trace the Industrialization of education in MBKM policy. The study shows that the industrial factors in MBKM policy are highlighted and strengthened by giving students the right to take a program and doing a credit transfer at the end of the program. The university and study program curriculum is focused on the need for the business and industrial world.
An Nabhani. (2001). An Nizhamul Islam. Bogor: Fikrul Islam.
Asharaf, A. (1994). Menyongsong Keruntuhan Pendidikan Islam. Bandung: Gema Risalah Press.
Bakar, O. (2003). Islam dan Dialog Peradaban. Yogyakarta: Fajar Pustaka Pelajar.
Boudarbat, B., & Chernoff, V. (2015). The Determinants of Education-Job Match among Canadian University Graduates. IZA Discussion Paper, 43(6), 781–793.
Buchori, M (1994). Pendidikan Dan Pembangunan. Yogyakarta:Tiara Wacana.
Collins, Dennis. (2011). Paolo Freire: Kehidupan, Karya dan Pemikiran. Yogyakarta: Komunitas Apiru dan Pustaka Pelajar.
Covey, S. (2010). Tujuh Kebiasaan Manusia Yang Efektif. Jakarta: Bina Rupa Aksara.
Creswell, J. (2007). Qualitative Inquiry and Research Design, Second Edition. California: Sage Publication
Crown, LLD, Crow. (I960). An Introduction to Education in Educational Administration. New York: Oxford University Press
Dikti. (2014). Buku Kurikulum Pendidikan Tinggi. Kemendikbud Dikti: Jakarta: Dikti. Retrieved from http://www.kopertis12.or.id/2014/11/06/buku-pedoman-kurikulum-pendidikan-tinggi-terbitan-dikti-2014.html.
Dikti. (2020). Buku Panduan Merdeka Belajar-Kampus Merdeka. Jakarta: Direktorat Jenderal Pendidikan Tinggi.
Disas, E. (2018). Link and Match Sebagai Kebijakan Pendidikan Kejuruan. Jurnal Penelitian Pendidikan LPPM Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia, 18(2), 30-41.
Driyarkara. (1980). Tentang Pendidikan. Jakarta: Yayasan Kanisius.
Endrotomo (2014). KKNI dan Implikasinya pada Dunia Kerja dan Pendidikan Tinggi, Jakarta:Dikti. Retrieved from http://penyelarasan.kemdiknas.go.id/uploads/file/Sosialisasi%20KKNI-Nasional.pdf.
Gaeta, G. L., Lavadera, G. L., & Pastore, F. (2017). Much Ado about Nothing? The Wage Penalty of Holding a PhD Degree but Not a PhD Job Position. Research in Labor Economics, 10(1), 243–277.
Handel, M. J. (2014). Skills Mismatch in the Labor Market. Annual Review of Sociologi JSTOR, 29(135), 65–76.
Hersch, J. (2012). Education Match and Job Match. The Review of Economics and Statistics, 73(1), 650–664.
Holzer, H. J. (2013). Skill Mismatches in Contemporary Labor Markets: How Real? And What Remedies? School of Public Policy, 1(2), 1–10.
Iammarino, S., & Marinelli, E. (2014). Education-job (mis)match and interregional migration. Italian university graduates' transition to work. EuroLIO Geography of Innovation, 4(3), 54–76.
Illich, I. (2000). Bebaskan Masyarakat dari Belenggu Sekolah.Jakarta: Yayasan Obor Indonesia.
Indar, D. (2014). Perencanaan Pendidikan Strategi dan Implementasinya (5th ed.). Surabaya: Karya Aditama.
Kodrat, D. (2019). Pendidikan yang Mencerahkan. Malang: Arrahman.
Kodrat, D. (2020). Mindset Shift in Cyber Pedagogy: A Teacher's Strategy upon Learning from Home. Jurnal Kajian Peradaban Islam, 3(2), 27-32. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.47076/jkpis.v3i2.49.
Maksum, A. (2010). Pengantar Filsafat: Dari Masa Klasik hingga Postmodernisme. Jogjakarta: Ar-Ruzz Media G.
Mcgowan, M. A., & Andrews, D. (2015). The Future Of Productivity: Main Background Papers Labour Market Mismatch And Labour Productivity: Evidence From Piaac Data. Economics Departement Working Papers No 1209, 27(1), 1–51.
Mifflin, H. (1979). School. The Heritage Illustrated Dictionary of the English Language. Vol 11. Boston: Mass.
Robst, J. (2017). Education and job match: The relatedness of college major and work. Economics of Education Review, 26, 397–407.
Salis, E. (2002). Total Quality Management in Education. London: Kogan Page.
Sanusi, A. (2013). Kepemimpinan Pendidikan: Strategi Pembaruan, Semangat Pengabdian, Manajemen Modern. Bandung: Penerbit Nuansa Cendekia.
Sloane, P. J. (2013). Much Ado About Nothing? What Does The Over-Education Literature Really Tell Us? Overeducation in Europe: Current Issues in Theory and Policy, 45(3), 234–254.
Soesilowati, E. S. (2009). Link And Match Dunia Pendidikan Dan Industri Dalam Meningkatkan Daya Saing Tenaga Kerja Dan Industri. Jakarta: LIPI Press, Pusat Penelitian Ekonomi Lembaga Ilmu Pengetahuan Indonesia.
Topatimasang, R. (2020). Sekolah Candu. Yogyakarta: Insist Press.
Usman, H. (2012). Manajemen: Teori, Praktik, dan Riset Pendidikan. Jakarta: Bumi Aksara.
Walker, J. (1981). The End of Dialogue: Paulo Freire on Politics and Education. Dalam Robert MacKie (Editor), Literacy and Revolution: the Pedagogy of Paulo Freire. New York: Continuum.
Walters, D. (2014). The Relationship Between Post secondary Education and Skill: Comparing Credentialism with Human Capital Theory. The Canadian Journal of Higher Education, 90(2), 97–124.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
- The Author and each co-authors transfer the copyright and grant the journal right of publication with the work simultaneously licensed under an International Creative Commons Attribution and ShareAlike 4.0 License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors should sign copyright transfer agreement when they have approved the final proofs sent by JKPIs prior the publication.
- The Author (Co-authors) guarantees that the Materials are an original work, submitted only to JKPIs, and have not been published previously.
- In case the Materials were written jointly with Co-authors, the Author guarantees that he/she has informed them of the terms of this Agreement and obtained their signatures or written permission to singe on their behalf.
- The Author guarantees as well that:
- The Materials do not contain libelous statements.
- The Materials do not infringe on other persons' rights (including without limitation copyrights, patent rights and the trademark right).
- The Materials do not contain facts or instructions that can cause damage or injury to third parties and their publication dose not cause the disclosure of any secret or confidential information
Jurnal Kajian Peradaban Islam
Published by Penerbit Sinergi Mandiri Bandung in Collaboration with Perhimpunan Intelektual Muslim Indonesia, and licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Copyright ©2018 Perhimpunan Intelektual Muslim Indonesia.