Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Use the JKPIs template to prepare the manuscript. The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration.
- Manuscript should be prepared in a single file of MS Word before submission.
- Page size must be A4 paper format, the printing area is 17.5 cm x 26.2 cm. The margins should be 0.36" on top side and 0.69" for bottom, left and right sides of papers including tables and figures.
- The body text of manuscript should be within 2500 word for Short Communication, 7000 words for Research Article, and 12000 words for Review. Abstract, Table and Figure legends are exception.
- Indent all paragraphs by 3.8 mm (0.15 inch) except those following a section heading. Do not insert an extra space between paragraphs of text.
- Tables and figures should appear in the text near where they are referenced in the text.
- All figures and tables must be cited in the text. When citing a figure in the text, use the abbreviation “Fig.” except at the beginning of a sentence. However, do not abbreviate “Table.”
The font for the entire paper should be Arial.
1. Title – 16 pt. boldface.
2. Authors’ names – 11 pt.
3. Authors’ affiliations and addresses – 9 pt., italic.
4. Abstract Heading – 10 pt., ALL CAPITAL, boldface.
5. Abstract text – 9 pt.
6. Heading 1 – 10 pt. ALL CAPITAL, Italic
7. Heading 2 – 10 pt. Upper Case, Italic
8. Heading 3 – 10 pt. Upper Case, Italic
8. Main Body– 9 pt.
9. Equations – 9 pt.
10. Footnotes – 9 pt.
11. Tables, graphs and figures–text accompanying graphs, figures and tables should be no smaller than 8 pt.
- Subscripts and superscripts must be a smaller font size than the main text.
- The font color for the majority of the text should be black and the hyperlink should be blue. Color figures, pictures, images and graphs are permitted and encouraged.
- Single space should be used your text with single column layout with both left and right margins justified (i.e. flush with the left and right margins).
- Equations, tables and figures should be separated from the surrounding text by additional space above and below.
- The figure captions should be placed directly below the figure. If your figure has multiple parts, include the labels “(a),” “(b),” “(c)”.
- High-resolution figures (300 dpi) should be used.
- All figures and tables must be numbered sequentially with relation to other figures and tables
- Do not leave large empty space below any figure or table.
- Roman letters used in equations as variables must be italicized. However, Roman letters used as dimension less number should not be italicized.
- While Equation Editor in MS Word can be used to type equations, MathType is recommended to type equations. Short equation should be typed inline. Longer or more complicated equations must be typed separately from the text and numbered consecutively. The equation numbers should be placed in parentheses flush right. Insert a blank line before and after equations. Avoid symbols and notation in unusual fonts. This will not only enhance the clarity of the manuscript, but it will also help ensure that it displays correctly on the reader's screen and prints correctly.
- The SI unit should be used throughout the paper.
- Reference should be prepared following the rules of 6th APA (Sixth Edition) Style, detailed in the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (http://www.apastyle.org/).
- The Author and each co-authors transfer the copyright and grant the journal right of publication with the work simultaneously licensed under an International Creative Commons Attribution and ShareAlike 4.0 License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors should sign copyright transfer agreement when they have approved the final proofs sent by JKPIs prior the publication.
- The Author (Co-authors) guarantees that the Materials are an original work, submitted only to JKPIs, and have not been published previously.
- In case the Materials were written jointly with Co-authors, the Author guarantees that he/she has informed them of the terms of this Agreement and obtained their signatures or written permission to singe on their behalf.
- The Author guarantees as well that:
- The Materials do not contain libelous statements.
- The Materials do not infringe on other persons' rights (including without limitation copyrights, patent rights and the trademark right).
- The Materials do not contain facts or instructions that can cause damage or injury to third parties and their publication dose not cause the disclosure of any secret or confidential information
Jurnal Kajian Peradaban Islam
Published by Penerbit Sinergi Mandiri Bandung in Collaboration with Perhimpunan Intelektual Muslim Indonesia, and licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Copyright ©2018 Perhimpunan Intelektual Muslim Indonesia.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.