Growth Mindset of Quality Management in an Islamic School
The work aims at clarifying how the growth mindset plays a vital role in quality management at the Islamic school. As an active response towards industrial revolution 4.0, an Islamic school is faced with complex external challenges, from the issue of radicalism, anti-multiculturalism to tight competitiveness with the public (general) school. An Islamic school tends to feel satisfied with the output that school graduates are Al-Quran memorizers, while the school seems to ignore the input and process. At the same time, the government has stipulated the regulation dealing with national education standards being followed by educational stakeholders. Eight national educational standards become a reference in Islamic school quality management. The school is urged to provide human resources to meet the requirements. Library research was intensively carried out. Growth mindset becomes an essential basis in Islamic schools in developing quality concern as a total quality management philosophy requires continuous improvement tradition. Without a growth mindset in quality management at Islamic schools, quality improvement and school competitiveness are difficult to reach. This manuscript employed some theoretical references, such as mindset and quality.
Covey, S. (2010). Tujuh Kebiasaan Manusia Yang Efektif. Jakarta: Bina Rupa Aksara.
Crosby, P.B. (1979). Quality is Free. New York: Mc-Grew Hill.
Dweck, C. S. (1999). Self-Theories: Their Role in Motivation, Personality, and Development. Philadelphia, PA: Psychology Press.
Dweck, C. S. (2006). Mindset: The new psychology of success. New York, NY: Random House.
Dweck, C., & Master, A. (2009). Self-Theories and Motivation: Student's Beliefs about Intelligence. In K. R. Wentzel & A. Wigfield (Authors), Handbook of motivation at school. (pp. 123–140). New York, NY: Routledge.
Kasali, Rhenald. (2014). Self Driving, Bandung: Mizan.
Kurniawan, & Mahrus, E. (2011). Jejak Pemikiran Tokoh Pendidikan Islam. Yogjakarta: Ar-Ruzz Media.
Kodrat, D. (2019). Urgensi Perubahan Pola Pikir Dalam Membangun Pendidikan Bermutu. Jurnal Kajian Peradaban Islam, 2(1), 1-6.
Mardjun, A. N. (2007). Tantangan Pendidikan Islam Abad XXI. HUNAFA: Jurnal Studia Islamika, 4(1), 23-30.
Mueller, C. M., & Dweck, C. S. (1998). Praise for intelligence can undermine children's motivation and performance. Journal of personality and social psychology, 75(1), 33.
Natawijaya, R. (2005). Aktivitas Belajar. Jakarta: Depdiknas.
Salis, E. (2002). Total Quality Management in Education. London: Kogan Page.
Saunders, S. A. (2013). The Impact of a Growth Mindset Intervention on The Reading Achievement of At-Risk Adolescent Students. Ann Arbor, MI: ProQuest LLC.
Staiou, E. (2006). Total quality management in engineering education. In Proceedings of the 3rd WSEAS/IASME International Conference on Engineering Education, Vouliagmeni, Greece (pp. 125-130).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
- The Author and each co-authors transfer the copyright and grant the journal right of publication with the work simultaneously licensed under an International Creative Commons Attribution and ShareAlike 4.0 License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors should sign copyright transfer agreement when they have approved the final proofs sent by JKPIs prior the publication.
- The Author (Co-authors) guarantees that the Materials are an original work, submitted only to JKPIs, and have not been published previously.
- In case the Materials were written jointly with Co-authors, the Author guarantees that he/she has informed them of the terms of this Agreement and obtained their signatures or written permission to singe on their behalf.
- The Author guarantees as well that:
- The Materials do not contain libelous statements.
- The Materials do not infringe on other persons' rights (including without limitation copyrights, patent rights and the trademark right).
- The Materials do not contain facts or instructions that can cause damage or injury to third parties and their publication dose not cause the disclosure of any secret or confidential information
Jurnal Kajian Peradaban Islam
Published by Penerbit Sinergi Mandiri Bandung in Collaboration with Perhimpunan Intelektual Muslim Indonesia, and licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Copyright ©2018 Perhimpunan Intelektual Muslim Indonesia.